Terms & Conditions
www.flipcar.co.uk is a website operated by Flipcar Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10770607 and our registered office is at 36 Gloucester Avenue, Primrose Hill, London, NW1 7BB.
Use of our website
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions in full and agree to comply with them. Do not continue to use our site if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting our terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our company, Flipcar Limited. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. “Our Site” refers to our website, www.flipcar.co.uk. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Changes to these terms
We update these terms throughout the year. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply.
We do not buy or sell your car. We connect you to car dealers who sell your car for you, at a guaranteed sale price. If you decide to sell your car through a car dealer, you will be entering into an agreement directly with that dealer. We are not a party to that agreement.
By providing a sale price for your car on our site, a dealer is not committed to sell your car at that price, and by viewing or calling about a sale price from our site, you are not committed to selling your car.
Dealers always carry out a physical inspection of your car before they agree to sell it. If, during the inspection of your car, it becomes clear that the value of your car is affected by any aspect of its specification (including customisations), history and/or condition, your guaranteed sale price will differ to that provided online.
Unless otherwise stated, we own the intellectual property rights for all material on our site. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from our site for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from our site
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our site
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from our site
- Redistribute content from our site (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Hyperlinking to our site
The following organisations may link to our site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our site.
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources
- dot.co.uk community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
If you are among the organisations listed in paragraph above and are interested in linking to our site, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link.
Approved organisations may hyperlink to our site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our site
If you find any link on our site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on our site is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that our site remains available or that the material is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our site and the use of this site (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Flipcar is a registered trademark of Flipcar Limited. You are not permitted to use our name without our permission.